|Bluegrasses.com - An Informational Website From
Phone Business hours - Mon-Fri. 9-5 EST ONLY - Contact via
World Cup Kentucky Bluegrass Blend is a select blend of bluegrass seeds designed to maximum turf grass performance and aesthetics. Whether planted on a golf course, sports field or home lawn, World Cup is an excellent choice where only the best will do.
World Cup is a blend of three to five of the top performing Seed Research bluegrass varieties, developed for superior turf grass
improved disease resistance.
The Benefits of Kentucky Bluegrass Seed Blends
The advantages of blending Kentucky bluegrasses are well known among turf grass professionals and university researchers. Simply blending bluegrasses by name accomplishes
little if there is no genetic diversity. Unlike most other cool season grasses, Kentucky bluegrasses reproduce by apomixis (asexually). This means that a single variety of Kentucky
bluegrass seed contains one genetic line. Planting a single Kentucky bluegrass variety (sometimes referred to as a (“monostand”) means that you are planting seeds with all of the same growth habits and characteristics.
Read more about Kentucky Bluegrass Seed Blends.
World Cup contains three to five of the following varieties*
- Arcadia: Compact/Midnight Bluegrass type that is very aggressive
- Fielder: Fast Germination, Strong rhizomes and limited shade tolerance.
- SR 2100: Shamrock-type that performs a lot like an aggressive-type
- Emblem: Fine Textured Bluegrass, Dark Green color.
*Varieties and percentages of seed contained in this blend are subject to change due to availability.
Usually contains 4 varieties in mixture.
World Cup Quick Facts & Features
- Early spring green-up and excellent fall color
- Moderate winter dormancy
- High degree of heat, stress and drought tolerance
- Fine leaf texture and high shoot density
- Uses: Golf courses, sports fields and home lawns
- Improved vigor and establishment
- Strong uniform sod with superior wear tolerance
- Superior turf in varied climate zones and conditions
- Adapted to a wide range of mowing heights and management levels
- Excellent performance under moisture stress
Uses For World Cup Kentucky Bluegrass Seed Blends
World Cup is a excellent choice for Golf courses, sports fields and home lawns in the cooler regions of the USA.
Planting & Growing World Cup Bluegrass
SEEDING RATES & ESTABLISHMENT
- Seeds/lbs: 1,100,000
- New Turf: 2–3 lbs/1,000 sq ft; 90–125 lbs/acre
- Overseed Rate: 1–2 lbs/1,000 sq ft; 40–90 lbs/acre
- Germination: 14–21 days under ideal conditions
- First limited use: 3–6 weeks
a beautiful tomorrow!®